Bhubaneswar:Panic gripped patients after a fire broke out at the Apollo Hospital at 10:50am today; fire broke out at the 5th floor of ICU. No casualties were being informed by Fire Officer
According to sources, some attendants noticed thick smoke billowing out of a room on the fifth floor of the hospital at around 11 am and informed the hospital authorities.
Some patients rushed outside with support of Family Members, a glass had to be broken to douse the flames.
Fire erupted in the battery room near an ICU on the fifth floor of the premier hospital at around 10 AM today. However, no casualty or injury was reported in the incident as the patients were immediately shifted to ground floor of the hospital following the mishap. Besides, many patients have been shifted to other hospitals
Around 21 patients have been rescued and shifted to ground floor through stretchers
On being informed, two Fire brigade teams rushed to the private-run hospital to douse the fire.
Following the incident, police commissioner Satyajit Mohanty and DCP Anup Sahu and senior Fire officers arrived at the hospital.